Fashion Ink, the company behind the fashion designer Sofie D’Hoore is looking for an enthusiastic ‘Product Manager Shoes/Accessories’.
The work of Sofie D’Hoore can be said to represent a new form of modern luxury. Clothes by Sofie D’Hoore are thoughtful and discreet but, at the same time, paradoxical. Her work is both simple and sophisticated, classic yet wholly contemporary. The constant dialogue between these aspects of her work is what makes it so fascinating. In addition to being meticulously cut, carefully made and exquisite to touch and behold, every collection offers the rare pleasure of finding fresh perspectives amongst familiar themes. She has a large international following and sells throughout Europe, America and Japan.
In this position you are responsible for the coordination of a part of the Sofie D’Hoore collection and the production process hereof.
- Coordinating the development and production of shoes and accessories, such as zips, buttons, belts, bags and socks;
- Sourcing new material and suppliers;
- Ensuring production and manufacturing standards in collaboration with the Creative Director and Suppliers;
- Negotiating prices and delivery terms with suppliers;
- Developing trims, labels, fabrics and other raw materials;
- Ordering material and accessories needed for the collection and production;
- Tracking, managing, and reviewing samples throughout the development process, while proactively addressing any potential conflict or delay;
- Monitoring the pre-production schedule and all time and action calendars, including delivery dates;
- Organizing and maintaining sample archives;
- Monitoring shipments and imports with third party vendors, as well as pick-up and delivery;
- Troubleshooting any quality issues with your cross-functional team;
- Monitoring vendor terms, invoicing and payments;
We are looking for an enthusiastic product manager, with strong organizational skills and a sense of detail, fond of fashion and trends, used to working in team and in a dynamic environment.
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Fashion Design or Product Design;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Specific experience in the development and production of apparel or shoes is required;
- Expert user of MS Office, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite; Expert user of PLM software is a plus;
- Strong technical knowledge in the context of product manufacturing;
- Flexible & Stress-resistant;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong communicative skills;
- Creative affinity;
- Punctuality and precision is a must;
- Languages: fluent in English, Italian and French, both verbal and written;
If you are interested in this job, please send your motivation and CV via the apply button to the attention of Charlotte Verhofstadt or direct by mail to email@example.com.